Z3 Blog Engine
The Z3 Blog Engine is a learning project. The goals are:
- Learn modern web hosting via Heroku
- Professional-grade code with tests
You can see Z3's source code at https://github.com/GWBasic/z3
Z3 is intended for hosting a personal blog and also operates as a light CMS:
- Blog posts with a rich text editor
- Upload images into a blog post via drag and drop
- Images are scaled to fit the page
- Automatic saving and versioning of blog posts
- Upload a profile picture
- Place pages in the header and footer of the page
- Pre-defined appearance templates
- (Mostly) rendered on the server for fast performance, search engine indexing, and reliable delivery
- Automatic schema management
Z3 is a single-user blog. There is a single password for creating and managing content, and no user management. This is ideal for personal blogs and personal web pages.
A user with some technical know-how can create custom templates that change the background image, colors, and fonts. More advanced users can redo the HTML for a more custom look and feel, without needing to alter the source code.
Hosting: Z3 is tested with Heroku.